Sunday, December 15, 2019

47 things I love about YOU

47 Things I love About YOU! In honor of my birthday, I want to honor you – thank you for being my friend! Also, I bought a new car. Anyone looking for a 2000 Jeep? Good price, I swear it works!


1. You are all ridiculously attractive. Seriously. I didn’t pick you for that, but I’m not going to say the eye candy isn’t nice.
2. You are all opinionated.
3. Some of you have terrible opinions.
4. That’s OK, I probably do in your eyes too.
5. You are cool about us agreeing to disagree.
6. Thank you for being willing to be wrong
7. Sometimes you are not, and I respect that as long as it is civil or really funny.
8. If I’m being a real asshole, you call me out.
9. Thank you for telling me the truth
10. Many of you are incredibly funny – like stand-up funny. I could make jokes with you guys for days. Years. Can we retire and form the Sarcastic Feminists of America?
11. Thank you for not holding my unchangeable past against me
12. I’ve known most of you at least 10 years – colleagues, new friends, reconnected family, former lovers.
13. Thank you for meeting me halfway
14. 15+ years for my Burners.
15. Thank you for being there through good times and bad
16. 20+ years for my ravers. We were on Friendster together! We are old.
17. Thank you for not acting, judging, or treating me like you know me better than I know myself
18. 25 years for my first friends in Seattle.
19. Thank you for making so many ordinary moments, extraordinary
20. A lot of amazing people we lost in the rave scene. Too many to list, they all still hurt very deeply – shout out to my people on the other side.
21. 30+ years for my Kaiser ’89 Cougars! I sincerely love you guys.
22. Thank you for all the little things you did that make a big difference
23. 35+ years for the ladies that read my very soul – I can go years without talking to you and you know me so well you can finish my sentences still.
24. Thank you for always giving me the extra push I need
25. 45ish years for my family.
26. Thank you for sincerely loving me
27. I actually like my family.
28. Thank you for facing problems with me
29. Thank you for believing in me
30. They are not only incredibly attractive, but also pretty funny and scary smart.
31. Bunch of lawyers on family retainer, should I ever need legal services……
32. Random people that wandered into my life that I know will be connected to me forever – you guys are some kind of fairy witches that show up when things are pretty kooky, save me from myself and float away. I don’t know how to thank you, I’m not sure what you are, but I love you.
33. Some random chick I met on the internet because we share the same name and would up being the best friend I haven’t met – yet. I can’t wait to meet you!!!!!
34. My former boss-lady that is responsible for making me into a really good HR person (the history and soul of the company IS the employees) and launching me into an amazing career (and helping me through some really rough times)
35. Thank you for encouraging me when I stumble
36. Thank you for making me feel comfortable in my skin
37. Thank you to my amazing HR peeps – you kept me sane.
38. You live all over the world – I met you while traveling or you are a fellow traveler at heart.
39. Thank you for being patient and forgiving when I step on your toes culturally
40. You have interesting jobs – truck driver to pilot to waitress to preacher to sex worker to CEO to drug dealer to student to teacher to person on disability to actor to trustafarian to musician to professor to “anything to get by” to journalist to parent. As a person that thinks about work and working for a living, I value ALL of your professions and the work you do.
41. Thank you for talking things out with me
42. Thank you for being compassionate
43. Thank you for making time for me
44. We actually lived together – and you survived – as did our friendship.
45. Thank you for knowing that I can’t always be strong
46. Thank you for knowing when something is wrong with me
47. And most of all, thank you for being YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment