Sunday, December 15, 2019

My husband is cute

Happy Valentine's Day!
I didn't get married for the first time until I was 44. I had a number of prerequisites that had to be met. Plus, if I would have married in my 20's, it would have been to an unemployed drummer - not that there is anything wrong with that....
Be really, really smart
Have a great sense of humor and laugh at me (and yourself) frequently and loudly
Really like cats
Let me live my own life while he (or she or they) live theirs - I'm not looking to marry myself
Share equally (or more) in the mundane side of running a household
Accept my kooky, obnoxious, loud, annoying friends
Accept my kooky, obnoxious habits (haven't washed my lucky coffee cup in 17 years and it still works!)
Assist in my ongoing rescues of people and animals (look! a free cat!!)
Have OUTSTANDING taste in music
Give me some space for writing
Don't take it personally when I travel on my own
Understand the intricacies of cleaning a cat box well
Make epic grilled cheese
Possibly, try to be foreign and super good-looking
Don't treat me like a delicate flower, baby or child - if you do, I will cut you
Love Luna, Lani-Mew and Mojo-Jojo as if they were own our own fur and claw
Don't be on Facebook so I can talk smack about you
Be my best friend
Well, Chris, you checked all the boxes! Sorry, bro. Happy Valentines Day!
Now, put your dishes in the fucking dishwasher. Fou toi les dishwashe'!
Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment